Strumming Patterns & Practice
Strumming Patterns & Practice - Basic Strumming Pages on the Web...
1.You can start here if you are totally new to the ukulele: This ia a very basic interative series of beginner strumming lessons, not fancy music, but the necessary skills to build upon... You play along with a fun graphical musical interface "tool" that is very basic and very useful...
2. This series of lessons is already complicated with many new instructional symbols and musical notation pages to decifer,
by Curt Sheller is famous and widely accepted, so you might give his lessons a "look-see"...
3.This is by Richard Hefner at his famous EZ Folk (Music) website:
He combines: music notation, music tablature, and video demonstrations (each in 3 speeds variations), and brief text explanations.
It is extensive and comprehensive: I mean "understandable"... if taken in small pieces...
Strumming in very important, and it is the most difficult aspect of Technique to demonstrate simply and clearly and effectively...
but go slow: ...just start slow and strum s----l----o----w---- and use just a few strums in the beginning...
4. Maui (Hawaii) College Ukulele Strumming Video Tutorials: Fun!
Just pick a few and practice the ones you like...it does take practice...
But you will be making real kool music on your uke...
Maui College Ukulele Teacher
Strum for “Red Wine” on uke:
2. Strum for “In my Life” on uke:
3. Strum for “Imagine” on uke;
4. Strum for: “you’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away” on uke:
5. Strum for “Surf Song – Part 1” on uke:
6. Strum for “Surf Song –Part 2” (with music background) on uke:
Contributions to http://ukuleleadventure.wikispaces.com/ are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License
Portions not contributed by visitors are Copyright 2017 Tangient LLC
TES: The largest network of teachers in the world
Turn off "Getting Started"